Some useful tips to help ensure your items arrive safely at their destination…
- Try not to mix items from different rooms in the same box. This may cause confusion when unpacking at the new location.
- Organize the items into groups before placing them in the box.
- Put a layer of peanuts at the bottom of the box to act as a cushion.
- Place the heaviest items into the box first. Then follow with the lighter items.
- Fill the void spaces with peanuts to prevent the items from moving around during the move.
- The filled boxes should weigh in the 35 to 40 pound range, pills certainly not more than you can lift easily.
- Do not over pack the box or it may burst during the move. This will possibly damage or soil your items.
- Seal the box with tape and label it noting the contents and the room the box will be placed in at the new location.
- When stacking the boxes, link place the heavier filled boxes on the bottom and place the lighter or less filled boxes on top.